Material you need:
- Wood: 50 mm x 35 mm x 80-120 mm
- Nut of 1/4-20 (1/4″ diameter, 20 threads per inch)
- GoPro flat adhesive mount
- Wood drill bit (6 mm)
- Wood sandpaper
2. Using the GoPro mount, draw with the pencil the shape of the mount over the wood.
3. Using the saw and the rasp, cut the shape of the mount. And make it smooth with the sandpaper.
4. Mark the center of the wood and make a hole with the 6 mm drill bit.
5. Place the tripod nut in the hole using the hammer. You can make bigger the hole to fit the nut with the rasp or any other tool. With the hammer, hit heavily the nut,
Important: avoid to make the hole as large as the nut, it must be smaller. You can make it a little bigger to make easier to fit the nut with the hammer. But the nut MUST not be able to fit inside easily (the GoPro won’t stay above the tripod in that case).
6. Put the GoPro mount at the opposite side of the tripod nut.
Using the same method you can build other type of supports. For example, I’ve done one with a screw to attach the GoPro to a lot of different surfaces.
I’m a web and iOS developer. I like to start projects, personal ones, with friends or at work.